Beth Declercq is a homemaking, homeschooling, homesteading mama to six.
She is passionate about raising food on their 5 acre Michigan homestead, restoring their late 1800’s Victorian, drinking lots of coffee, crocheting, and frequenting the flea market in the summertime.
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp Bars
FOR THE CRUST
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cut into chunks
FOR THE FILLING
- 4 cups chopped strawberries
- 3 cups chopped rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup flour
- ¾ cup raw honey
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and butter a 9×13” pan. Set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, oats and flour until mixed thoroughly. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or your hands until combined (you are looking for the consistency of cookie dough).
- Set aside 1.5 cups of crust mixture. Press the remainder into the bottom of your pan – covering the bottom entirely.
- Bake bottom crust for 10-20 minutes, until dry and golden.
- Combine your strawberries, rhubarb, honey, and flour. Spread on top of partially baked crust. Crumble the remaining oat mixture on top (it will not completely cover it)
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until fruit is bubbling and top crust is golden brown.
- Cool overnight or in the fridge. Cut into squares and enjoy! We prefer eating ours cold with a dollop of yogurt or whipped cream on top!